What breed is this Roo? (TommyVT any guess)

The hen looks like a Golden Phoenix or a Golden Phoenix cross. The coloring does look alike to other breeds, but the body type is the giveaway. I have a Silver Phoenix hen that is colored just like Silver Grey Dorkings, but definately a different body type.

Where did you get them from?

-Kim

Well....I have a guy that looks just like yours....

I have settled on saying he is an OEG wheaton bantam mix....
Mine tho has feathering on the legs which makes him a few more than your mix...how confusing...
barnie.gif
roll.png

I googled a site that had one looking just like him, except for the foot feathers so thats how I settled...hope this helps
big_smile.png

Pic below****

Theflock3-10-0818.jpg

OURROO.jpg

Edited and pic added.... and yes he is small so I guess he is a bantam.....
OURROO1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
hooligan -
But this bird has a totally different body type than Roosa.

Yes yours is different body style yours appears to be a bantam, I just meant the coloring looked the same. Yours sure is pretty.​

does he look like my Rosecomb phoenix?
check him out:
DSC00740-1.jpg

DSC00734.jpg

Where did the bird come from?

I thought I was the only guy around with Rosecomb Phoenixes...
This rooster is a blend of mostly Ismer phoenix, and a little Ceylon and Grey and Green Junglefowl mixed in a few generations back
this was the only one that cropped out RC from the crosses made, and all that I know of with RC have come from this bird or his descendants

Good luck with your bird!

Last edited:
Well I guess mine are somewhat simular to yours but my Roo has an all black chest and has those white fluffy/downy feathers on his back just before his tail. My roo has darker colored legs too.

What kind of combs are Phoenix Roos and Hens supposed to have? What kind of comb do your hens have and what are they supposed to be when true?

Where are you located? I got these from a fellow BYCer in Mississippi that incubates LOTS of eggs from different places. I don't know where she gets her eggs from though.

Jayare

Back
Top Bottom