What breed is this rooster?

chicknduck

Songster
9 Years
May 21, 2010
Ohio
Hello all, I picked up some straight run cornish rocks this spring and this guy was mixed in, can anyone tell me what breed he is. He is starting to be really mean and trying to attack my dog and kids and even is being nasty to me. Just wondering if it is the breed that is agressive. I have 2 speckled sussex roosters who dont bother any of us. Any help would be appriciated. He is a good looking rooster but might have to go to the pot if he keeps it up. He is the top rooster so I am just wondering if one of the others will just take his place and be agressive when he is gone.

leghorn mix

edit to say,,,its not his breed that would make him aggressive,,but that said,, leghorns are very protective, and territorial, you should read the thingy on the start page about rooster behavior its really good and is how i dealt with my roos,,,this all said, after i reread your post i see he came with an order of birds so he is a pure, i just dont recall ever having one of that breed so i have no idea lol

Last edited:
He definatly keeps his hens safe. I want a roo that will, I just always had only hens. I think we just have to get used to having a rooster. Thanks for the input Jim. I appriciate it.

sorta looks like a delaware but it doesnt have barring

DelCklElvis.JPEG

Back
Top Bottom