What breed is this white with grayish highlights bantam?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by snorie797, Nov 4, 2012.

1. snorie797

snorie797 In the Brooder

Nov 2, 2012
    Can anybody tell me what breed this bantam is? It's yellow/white with gray tones on his head, back, and wings. And he has blackish/grayish feet. Thanks!

[​IMG]

2. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

How many toes?

3. snorie797

snorie797 In the Brooder

Nov 2, 2012
    It has 4 toes. 3 large main toes. And 1 smaller toe closer to the back of his foot.

4. ChickensAreSweet

OK - silkies have black feet but 5 toes.

Hmm...gray feet then. 4 toes:
    http://www.ithaca.edu/staff/jhenderson/chooks/chooks.html
    Henderson's chicken chart

Look at the shank color (slate maybe?). If you narrow it down, I know that McMurray Hatchery has chick pics that you can click on for all the breeds they sell.

If it is a cross that won't help.

Honestly I don't know because with the Easter Eggers they can be all kinds of colors. So if you have no idea best to wait?? Unless someone can nail it for you! [​IMG]

But it sounds like it is clean-legged (not feather footed).

Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
  5. snorie797

snorie797 In the Brooder

Nov 2, 2012
    It's definitely not a cross. I bought it from ideal poultry, part of a bantam special. It's a clean legged chick. Bantams are just hard to figure out sometimes.

6. snorie797

snorie797 In the Brooder

Nov 2, 2012
    I did my research and my little Fred (that what i named him) is a silver spangled hamburg. :)

7. ChickensAreSweet

Oh how wonderful! They are fliers, I have heard. I have thought about trying that breed before. He is a cute chickie.

8. Neat birds. I have a trio of Citron Spangled Hamburgs. Super small and elegant birds, with quiet personalities and bright coloring. I like the name Fred. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: