What breed is this youngster?

aratinga

Chirping
6 Years
Aug 1, 2013
This little girl was in amongst the Buff Orpington pullets I purchased recently. She's mostly white, with grey-blue legs and yellow skin. Now that her feathers are coming in I can see some buff colored hackles, but her body, wing and tail feathers are all white. Her comb is still quite small so I couldn't get a good picture, but it's definitely not the single comb that the Buff Orpingtons have; it looks like it's going to be a pea comb.

She's also by far the smartest, most curious, and most active chick in the bunch. I named her Dora, after Dora the Explorer! Thanks for any insights as to what she is!

Here's the summary of her traits:
Comb: Pea
Legs: Blue-gray
Skin: Yellow
Hackle feathers: Buff
Body, wing, tail feathers: White
Temperament: Smart, active, good flyer, dominant

The green legs and pea comb make me think that she is an Easter Egger.I think that it will be easier to tell what she is when all of her feathers are grown in (a few more weeks). Post more pictures then, and I'll try my best to help!

Thanks for the quick reply! I was thinking the same (Easter-egger) - those green-gray legs! So if we're right, she'll lay blue or green eggs? Do Easter eggers lay other colors as well?

Most Easter Eggers lay greenish or blue eggs. However, some Easter Eggers lay eggs that are a light shade of pink.

Thanks for the quick reply! I was thinking the same (Easter-egger) - those green-gray legs! So if we're right, she'll lay blue or green eggs? Do Easter eggers lay other colors as well?

She is an Easter Egger. They lay either blue, green, blue-green, or (rarely) pink, tan, or brown eggs.

Back
Top Bottom