What breed is this?

There are just too many pretty ones to have all the same kind!! Plus I'm excited about an array of eggs in my basket someday. I ordered one each of Ancona, Australorp, Barred Rock, New Hampshire Red ( I hope I didn't make a mistake on that one), Speckled Sussex, Golden Laced Wyandotte.... and 3 Easter Eggers.
big_smile.png
I'm excited! I had even considered amending my order... and getting rid of the NHR, as I'm afraid it'll be mean like a RIR, but they are supposed to be really good layers.... Idk. And I already have 2 Barred Rocks that I was able to buy locally AFTER I placed my order. So, Idk. It'll cost me $5 to make any changes...

Salt Fork is in SE Ohio...
http://www.saltforkstateparklodge.com/lodging-reservations/reservations/
That's where I work. At the front desk. Ha, don't beat yourself up too much, Ohio is big!
I'm somewhat familiar with Sandusky... only because my ex in laws used to live in Elyria. Plus Sandusky is where Cedar Point is. hahaha

What great breeds, all wonderful choices!
clap.gif
I actually had a RIR hen at one point....she wasn't mean towards people, just basically towards other birds. We had to get rid of her because she gored Alex's (see my signature if you don't know who she is) back really badly.
sad.png
But, I haven't heard that many bad things about NHRs, so hopefully you'll have a good one!
hugs.gif

I, I see now! Ha ha, yes, Ohio is a large state!
big_smile.png

Weeeelllll, actually Upper Sandusky is a separate town from Sandusky, and it's located more mid-OH.
smile.png
We also used to live in Elyria, but it wasn't a good part of the city at all.
hmm.png
I'm just glad we are where we are now!

~Alex

Back
Top Bottom