What breed is this?

millietime

Songster
Jan 4, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
My Coop
My Coop
Hello BYC,

I am thinking about taking in this girl from the shelter (as I have done in the past). I am trying to figure out what breed she may be to see if she could be a good fit for my small flock (I know chickens often act different from breed specifiers but I am trying to get some idea). Any thoughts would be appreciated!!

Attachments

• IMG_0494.JPG
    IMG_0494.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 20
game hen, I have heard they make great broody mamas
Thanks! Yes I'm torn.. I am reading that they are flighty and broody which I think would be a challenge in my tiny flock of 6 (1 is always broody and I don't have a good set up to have chicks). Still thinking.. I don't know why I am so in love with her picture...

Game hens do tend to be flighty and broody. But just because they are broody doesn't mean you have to let them set. Just keep taking the eggs everyday and you won't have any surprise or unwanted chicks.

Game hens do tend to be flighty and broody. But just because they are broody doesn't mean you have to let them set. Just keep taking the eggs everyday and you won't have any surprise or unwanted chicks.

Very true! I feel like I am constantly trying to keep one of my other girls out of the nest :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom