What breed is this

Townline hatchery, I'm betting. That's where the ones mine from TSC came from. I already looked through all their birds and they don't offer anything like this. So my best guess is it was either a 'whoops' breeding, or they're working on some kind of new hybrid but haven't really put the info out yet.
I meant Cemani not Ancona. Been looking at too many breeds. I'm thinking oops also. Nothing else makes sense. I guess it'll be a surprise when they get all their feathers in. Then maybe I can see something different.

I tracked these down. We got more in at my feed store, so I was careful to check out which box they were actually in. They came from a farm known as Fifth Day Farm aka Blue Banty Farm, the info for which can be found on the Freedom Ranger Hatchery Website.

So I called them. These are indeed a silkie hybrid, though that's about all the person I talked to really knew about them. Based on what breeds this conglomeration of farms seems to work with, I'd bet they're a silkie/freedom ranger hybrid or perhaps a cross between silkies and the hybrid they are calling 'rustic ramblers', which might explain the 'Southern Rambler' breed name.

I tracked these down. We got more in at my feed store, so I was careful to check out which box they were actually in. They came from a farm known as Fifth Day Farm aka Blue Banty Farm, the info for which can be found on the Freedom Ranger Hatchery Website.

So I called them. These are indeed a silkie hybrid, though that's about all the person I talked to really knew about them. Based on what breeds this conglomeration of farms seems to work with, I'd bet they're a silkie/freedom ranger hybrid or perhaps a cross between silkies and the hybrid they are calling 'rustic ramblers', which might explain the 'Southern Rambler' breed name.
This is great info. I'm really curious to see what they will look like once they mature. Especially since they're coloring is so different as chicks. Thank you so much

I picked out 2 southern ramblers too!
One is out growing the other and seems to be a roo but not sure! I named it Chubs because he’s sucha cuddly puff ball ❤ I’ve never heard of southern ramblers and if they are hybrids of silkies and something else, well they are awesome!
Here he is, hanging out on my bed tonight. 😂

Attachments

• 65B675FE-5EDF-432C-AA48-4EA8F6D56D21.jpeg
    65B675FE-5EDF-432C-AA48-4EA8F6D56D21.jpeg
    416.8 KB · Views: 83
Mine definitely has 5 toes, but no feathered feet. I thought they could be crossed with an Ayam Cemani, but I’m not sure. Apparently both breeds have black skin.

Back
Top Bottom