What breed is this?

MrsJerseyJets

In the Brooder
Jul 24, 2020
Can I get your guesses as to breed? We got this girl over a month ago, we are estimating she is 7-8 weeks now. We were told she is a golden cuckoo but I’m not seeing any gold haha. She’s been gray since we got her, there’s a few speckles of white peeking out from some feathers but not much at this time (you can see them a little in the last picture). She has the pale legs like Marans should have but besides that I have no idea! Any ideas? She is very sweet and we love her! Her tail is only now starting to feather in too, she was a little later in feathering.
E79FDEC9-9BA1-44D7-879B-C4DFAD367714.jpeg

B0799932-BDE1-4DFE-B3FF-6235E18ED597.jpeg
536F8842-E3A9-4FFE-A664-BF70F235E34F.jpeg
BB775AD9-6F52-4391-AA73-C844E5CC97B6.jpeg

Blue cuckoo Marans maybe?

I see blue and I see a slight cuckoo pattern.

Hopefully someone better with colors will be along soon.

Thanks guys...I thought possible the blue cuckoo marans, but don't those have dark legs (mine has the typical marans pale pink legs with some gray on the fronts)? There is a possibility she is just a mix of who knows what LOL. But I was really curious as she is looking like she is staying mostly gray lol.

Thanks guys...I thought possible the blue cuckoo marans, but don't those have dark legs (mine has the typical marans pale pink legs with some gray on the fronts)? There is a possibility she is just a mix of who knows what LOL. But I was really curious as she is looking like she is staying mostly gray lol.
She could absolutely be a mix too. Her first egg should be telling!

Hate to say it, but with those big legs and feet at only 8 weeks, I think that's probably a cockerel.
I'm hoping not LOL....we can't have roosters here. We'll find out in a few more weeks, I would think....she has no redness or growth in her comb and I would have thought it would have shown a little by now, no matter what breed she is? We have 6 other chickens of the same age and they all look similar as far as their legs (and some are definite pullets, our welsummers and bielefelders). But I'll definitely keep watch!

I'm hoping not LOL....we can't have roosters here. We'll find out in a few more weeks, I would think....she has no redness or growth in her comb and I would have thought it would have shown a little by now, no matter what breed she is? We have 6 other chickens of the same age and they all look similar as far as their legs (and some are definite pullets, our welsummers and bielefelders). But I'll definitely keep watch!
100% pullet. Promise.

Back
Top Bottom