What breed is this

Do you know about comb genetics? Sounds like you do...do you mind if I ask where you learned it from?
I didn’t learn it from any specific place, I sort of picked up the knowledge from browsing this forum. It helps a lot to look at pictures of mixed breeds if both parents have different comb types.

Some good things to remember are that single combs are recessive to rose, pea, and walnut combs. Walnut combs are the combination of pea and rose combs (cushion combs are basically the same thing, but with a few additional genes). V-combs (the kind that polish have) basically add extra points to the comb type they’re crossed with. For instance, a V-comb x single comb will result in a single comb that splits into two in the back.

Last edited:
I didn’t learn it from any specific place, I sort of picked up the knowledge from browsing this forum. It helps a lot to look at pictures of mixed breeds if both parents had different comb types.

Some good things to remember are that single combs are recessive to rose, pea, and walnut combs. Walnut combs are the combination of pea and rose combs (cushion combs are basically the same thing, but with a few additional genes). V-combs (the kind that polish have) basically add extra points to the comb type they’re crossed with. For instance, a V-comb x single comb will result in a single comb that splits into two in the back.
Thanks! Right now, I have a few chicks including ones that had one parent with a straight comb and a parent with a pea comb. As well as a chick whose parents had a rose and one parent had a pea comb. Excited to have a walnut comb.

I will keep her I love all six of mine.

Do you know about comb genetics? I personally don't but the comb does not look like the pea combs my EEs have, EEs are mutts though, so i understand the comb could be different.
Any breed mix with a blue egger layer it could be crested cream legbar whitting true blue amercana and another breed are easter eggers like I said again :)

Back
Top Bottom