What breed is this?

dekel18042

Crowing
10 Years
Jul 18, 2013
Pennsylvania
Got this chick (probably 8 days old) and several others like it from a bin at TSC labeled bantams. It has black beak, legs and skin and five toes, but the legs don't appear feathered or doesn't have a topknot. Any ideas as to breed?
They are in with other LF chicks the same age and they don't appear smaller although they have slimmer bodies and their feathers appear to be more advanced by a day or two.

Attachments

• IMG_20230404_165954_6.jpg
    IMG_20230404_165954_6.jpg
    371.9 KB · Views: 17
Something with silky in it. 5 toes, black skin, and leg fuzz. I dont see a crest tho.

TSC is usually supplied by Hoover's Hatchery and they have Mystic Onyx, the chick could be that.

Last edited:
Something with silky in it. 5 toes, black skin, and leg fuzz. I dont see a crest tho.
We don't see crests either. But does TSC sell mixed bantams?
Several years ago we got two LF pullets from a pullet bin. Couldn't figure out what they were. Thought maybe speckled Sussex mixes. Took us two years but turns out they are Russian Orloffs.

We don't see crests either. But does TSC sell mixed bantams?
Several years ago we got two LF pullets from a pullet bin. Couldn't figure out what they were. Thought maybe speckled Sussex mixes. Took us two years but turns out they are Russian Orloffs.
Did an edit to post after I looked up some info.

Hi everyone,

I haven't been on BC in ages. I bought a fully grown hen today from a local feed store. The guys there have no idea what breed it is. I am hoping some of you can help.

I don't know the egg color as she hasn't laid. She is big but is underweight so I don't expect eggs for some time. I suppose she hasn't been eating much at the feed store, but she's the size of a buff orpington. TY for your help.

lace2.jpeg

lace.jpeg

lace3.jpeg

Hi everyone,

I haven't been on BC in ages. I bought a fully grown hen today from a local feed store. The guys there have no idea what breed it is. I am hoping some of you can help.

I don't know the egg color as she hasn't laid. She is big but is underweight so I don't expect eggs for some time. I suppose she hasn't been eating much at the feed store, but she's the size of a buff orpington. TY for your help.

View attachment 3456023.

View attachment 3456011
View attachment 3456026
I'm not sure about breed, but I'm afraid you will have a long wait for eggs.
He is a cockerel.

Back
Top Bottom