1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

What breed is this?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by GothChick, Oct 1, 2010.

1. GothChick

GothChick Songster

Sep 5, 2010
    Wisconsin
    Hi I just received my order of 25 Rainbow Layers from Mcmurray. We also got a few extras and a "rare chick" so I'm wondering what breed it is. I'm thinking Cochin but not positive. We got a huge assortment and I'm super pleased with them. They all arrived alive and energetic. I'm guessing this is the rare breed because of the feathered feet. So is it a cochin? Also what color would it be considered?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 1, 2010

2. Lbrad7

Lbrad7 Songster

May 19, 2010
    Ringgold, GA
    Looks like a Mille Fluer d'Uccle chick to me.

3. Lbrad7

Lbrad7 Songster

May 19, 2010
    Ringgold, GA
    Could also be a Golden Laced cochin, the look pretty similar. I gotta say I am a little jealous that you just received a box of new chicks!!! Makes me want to pull out the McMurray catalog again. [​IMG]

4. GothChick

GothChick Songster

Sep 5, 2010
    Wisconsin
    Oh a Mille Fleur d'Uccle would be neat! I'm not a big fan of Cochins, not sure why but they just don't float my boat. Hopefully its a hen and then I can add it to my collection. They other chicks are soooo cute. I'm not keeping them though. I order chicks when they are on sale and raise them till they can be put outside and then I have a bunch of farmers that buy them from me. It saves them the work of dealing with chicks and I get to see new chicks all the time. I don't mind raising them so it's more fun then work for me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by