what breed is this

tee37tx

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jan 4, 2012
can anyone tell me what breed they think my rooster and two hens are.
thanks
terri

115278_dorothy.jpg

115278_chuck.jpg

115278_feathers.jpg

thank you for the reply. we have this rooster and 5 hens and one of the hens is laying a really large dark brown egg. we are trying to figure out which one is laying it. I think all of them are just mixed bred chickens. I was given the rooster and one hen and my husband brought home the rest from somewhere. since getting them I am now the proud momma of 31 month old babies. LOL! we have went chicken crazy.

she does have 5 toes and leg feathering. I told my husband I wanted a chicken with feathers on the legs and one day here he comes with her.

I think you have a favie mix there. She is beautiful too! If she is anything like mine, she will be super sweet. Your other hen is a beautiful color too, but I don't have a guess...her and the roo look like some sort of barnyard mix to me
hmm.png

What a great guy to bring you home such a lovely gift! I think he's a keeper!

This is my faverolle Ichabod

P1000182.jpg

P1000176.jpg

Yes, I know she has a boy's name
hmm.png
My dad named her...he said she reminds him of Ichabod Crane and The Legend of Sleepy Hollow cause she looks headless from certain angles because of her extreme fluffage.

Last edited:
yes kari_dawn he is a keeper. I work at a vet office and one day here he comes with this chicken and the other girls think I am crazy because I was so excited about her. she is super sweet she stays right with us when we are out with them. she is the only one I can pick up.

Back
Top Bottom