what breed is this

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by tee37tx, Jan 4, 2012.

1. tee37tx

tee37tx Out Of The Brooder

Jan 4, 2012
    can anyone tell me what breed they think my rooster and two hens are.
    thanks
    terri

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. rsf31tmp

rsf31tmp Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2010
    Rochester, IL
    Pic #3 is an Easter Egger and a hen....1 and 2 ????

3. tee37tx

Jan 4, 2012
    thank you for the reply. we have this rooster and 5 hens and one of the hens is laying a really large dark brown egg. we are trying to figure out which one is laying it. I think all of them are just mixed bred chickens. I was given the rooster and one hen and my husband brought home the rest from somewhere. since getting them I am now the proud momma of 31 month old babies. LOL! we have went chicken crazy.

4. kari_dawn

kari_dawn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2009
    North Texas
    It looks like #3 has five toes...and some leg feathering. I think she is a faverolle mix, not an EE

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  5. Frost Homestead

Frost Homestead eggmonger

Jul 9, 2011
    Lago Vista, TX
    Quote:X2

6. tee37tx

Jan 4, 2012
    she does have 5 toes and leg feathering. I told my husband I wanted a chicken with feathers on the legs and one day here he comes with her.

7. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    Barnyard mix! My favorite.

8. kari_dawn

kari_dawn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2009
    North Texas
    I think you have a favie mix there. She is beautiful too! If she is anything like mine, she will be super sweet. Your other hen is a beautiful color too, but I don't have a guess...her and the roo look like some sort of barnyard mix to me [​IMG]

What a great guy to bring you home such a lovely gift! I think he's a keeper!

This is my faverolle Ichabod

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yes, I know she has a boy's name [​IMG] My dad named her...he said she reminds him of Ichabod Crane and The Legend of Sleepy Hollow cause she looks headless from certain angles because of her extreme fluffage.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  9. stormylady

stormylady Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    Thats what I was going to say too, Sal fav possibly mixed with Speckled Sussex??

10. tee37tx

Jan 4, 2012
    yes kari_dawn he is a keeper. I work at a vet office and one day here he comes with this chicken and the other girls think I am crazy because I was so excited about her. she is super sweet she stays right with us when we are out with them. she is the only one I can pick up.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by