what breed is this?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by billnoland, Mar 3, 2012.

1. billnoland

billnoland New Egg

Mar 3, 2012
    [​IMG]
    Can anyone tell me what breed this is?

2. orumpoultry

orumpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2012
    Trinity, TX
    I see three little roosters, not sure about the red guy in the back ground... but my money is on two barred rocks and idk about that red guy.

3. X2

4. CarolJ

CarolJ Dogwood Trace Farm

Jun 3, 2011
    Middle Tennessee
    I started to reply a few minutes ago with barred rock or cuckoo maran. But then when I looked at them, they aren't nearly as fluffy and filled out as my barred rock. I was trying to think of other barred breeds - but I am just not that familiar with all the different breeds and their SOP. It'll be interesting to see what others say.

5. kentuckysilkies

kentuckysilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2007
    Winchester Kentucky
    I think they are crosses (mutts) my favorite breed. The appear to have pea combs so that rules our BRs. Also the face (wattles and heavy brow indicate an Asiatic breed. They also have a very gamey stance. My guess is BR X Game Fowl.

6. actually (we need a better pic) but it does look like they have single combs, look at the one looking at the camera

cold you get another pic?

7. billnoland

billnoland New Egg

Mar 3, 2012
    They are three months old. Can anybody tell if they are hens or roosters?

8. id say you have 3 roos

9. billnoland

billnoland New Egg

Mar 3, 2012
    [​IMG][​IMG]

do these help any?

10. ya

and YES they have a gamey look

i still cant tell the comb type, its like too high to be a pea but it looks weird for a single..?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by