what breed is this????

krazykatz13

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jan 27, 2012
I got a dozen mixed eggs from a lady about 2 months ago and 2 of the eggs were tan with brown speckles. They are the only 2 that hatched and I have no idea what they are!! The lady who gave them to me had bannies, auricanas, and several other breeds running around so I have no idea. They are a few days older than the peachicks but the same size!! They have a little white on their wing tips and some on their face and chest but other than that, they are all black

Last edited:
I think mixed breed since there seems to be a bit of a beard in that last pic. The legs look a bit green too.
Were there any Black Austrolorp there? My BA's lay light to medium dark brown eggs with spots on them.
If it were not for the beard and the leg color I would have said BA's.

i say they might be part ee but without knowing what breeds she has then there is no way of knowing for sure

Last edited:
edited because I need to learn to read :p

The black chicks are probably an EE/Australorp mix.

Last edited:
the couloring of the speckled ones look VERY similare to my speckled sussex so I guess that theres definitly some sussex. only time will tell when they feather in

OP says that the brown ones are peachicks. I think the black look like Australorp mixes with those black legs...maybe Australorp X Auracauna?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom