what breed is this

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by bamachicks8, Jan 24, 2013.

1. bamachicks8

bamachicks8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Ok so a lady gave me a chicken tonight and was wondering what breed she is I'm thinking pearl white leghorn would this be correct?[​IMG][/IMG]

2. Lilslinkfarm

Lilslinkfarm Out Of The Brooder

Nov 18, 2012
    Jane, MO
    Correct! [​IMG]

3. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    x2

4. bamachicks8

Byc is awesome before I joined I didn't know there were breeds of chickens and now I'm correctly guessing breeds there was also a rooster we gave to dh's boss I believe was a barred rock I'll post pic tonight

5. bekisar

bekisar Out Of The Brooder

Mar 18, 2009
    Panama City,Fla.
    Bamachick....With 134 posts in only 25 days,,it looks to me as if you are on the right path. You seem to be asking questions and reading a lot,and that is the best way to learn.If I can answer anything for you it would please me to be of help ,and most others on this site feel the same way.Definately Leghorn pix.

6. bamachicks8

Thank you bekisar I am super excited I thought I hated chickens because growing up the neighbors behind us had them they would crow at all hours of the night and were mean as a snake well after a little thought I realized I only hate roosters he had all roosters chick a poo is actually quieter than the dogs this is going to be an awesome experience for me and my daughter and my dh I'm still on the hunt for her a friend until the chicks get here I hate that she is lonely and my dh has even improved his carpentry skills we got the temp coop put up today only took 8 hrs and gonna start on the real coop tomorrow after work

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by