What breed is your favorite in your flock?

Pics
I was wondering what breed of chicken is your favorite one in your flock? By favorite I mean who is always looking for cuddles or just eager to see you, who lays eggs most consistently and who gets along with others….
I want a diverse flock but I want my flock to be friendly. I see them more as pets and producers of eggs. So who’s YOUR best breed ??
Thanks !
My buff orpington is the sweetest thing! lays well too, and is very pretty!

I think I got 2 Delawares from hell. They are the meanest in my flock. They bite and peck me all the time. They are about 12 weeks old, so I’m hoping as they get closer to laying they will mellow out. But I’m a newbie to chickens... 🤷‍♀️
That's what I've heard..... I was happy to read RDean's comment on how you can possibly get Nice Delawares because I've really wanted to try them. But I've been hesitant because my friend who has 2 says they're mean and so did the guy at my local feed store who was doing the chick sexing last time I got chicks, so I changed my mind. I'm so on the fence because they're so pretty!!!! aargh....

I was wondering what breed of chicken is your favorite one in your flock? By favorite I mean who is always looking for cuddles or just eager to see you, who lays eggs most consistently and who gets along with others….
I want a diverse flock but I want my flock to be friendly. I see them more as pets and producers of eggs. So who’s YOUR best breed ??
Thanks !
Lavender orpingtons and speckled Sussex

My chickens seek me out for cuddles; they can actually be annoying because they are so clingy! My clingiest by far is my buff orpington, Peeps, who, whenever I crouch down, will run over to me and snuggle in the crook of my neck (and won't leave me alone!). The other clingiest chickens are my ISA brown, black austalorps, and my orpington/ISA brown/australorp crosses.
My other chickens aren't so clingy, but still enjoy attention... those are my barred rocks, wyandottes, and easter eggers. I've found the majority of my easter eggers to be more independent, but of course, there are exceptions to all breeds, as I remember a particularly aloof buff orpington of mine a couple years back.

My ISA brown Sandy is one of my best friends in the flock, as she is so smart and kind.

As far as roosters being friendly, I had two cuddly roosters, one being an olive egger/barred rock cross, the other being pure black australorp.

My chickens seek me out for cuddles; they can actually be annoying because they are so clingy! My clingiest by far is my buff orpington, Peeps, who, whenever I crouch down, will run over to me and snuggle in the crook of my neck (and won't leave me alone!). The other clingiest chickens are my ISA brown, black austalorps, and my orpington/ISA brown/australorp crosses.
My other chickens aren't so clingy, but still enjoy attention... those are my barred rocks, wyandottes, and easter eggers. I've found the majority of my easter eggers to be more independent, but of course, there are exceptions to all breeds, as I remember a particularly aloof buff orpington of mine a couple years back.

My ISA brown Sandy is one of my best friends in the flock, as she is so smart and kind.

As far as roosters being friendly, I had two cuddly roosters, one being an olive egger/barred rock cross, the other being pure black australorp.
So jealous! Haha I want a clingy chicken

Back
Top Bottom