What breed is your favorite in your flock?

The one in my profile picture is a black astralorp. If it was advertised as an ameracauna it’s a easter egger. feed stores dont sell ameracaunas. Only very few hatcheries sell them.
The reason for the beard is because she was only 14 weeks in that picture. Heres her now
image.jpg

I have a black frizzle one named "Frappy". He is tres cute and I can't wait for him to get out and about free ranging within days. I can never get a good pic of him in coop because he is dark and the hoop coop is covered. Wonder how is voice will sound with his lil self.
A black frizzle bantam or japanese? Either way, thats adorable. Love frizzles. Black ones are so hard to take a photo of! I had a black serama and whenever i take a photo, all you see are floating eyes in the shadows.

I have a japanese rooster now and i can confirm that they are such sweeties. Hes just amazing and i love His qualitys. Would recommend getting japanese bantams, even the roosters are absolute angels. Anyone who is new to chickens should consider getting these guys.

I was wondering what breed of chicken is your favorite one in your flock? By favorite I mean who is always looking for cuddles or just eager to see you, who lays eggs most consistently and who gets along with others….
I want a diverse flock but I want my flock to be friendly. I see them more as pets and producers of eggs. So who’s YOUR best breed ??
Thanks !
I've got several sapphire splash that are very friendly and grow quickly. Only 8 weeks old but are suppose to be good layers and start about 17 weeks.

I was wondeirng too. I mean, what if a customer really wants a bonafide Ameracauna? They were our first purchase and I just wanted healthy chicks. Even now, I'm good, but "what if"? I'm jus' sayin'?

ETA:

I just saw this via a Google search: "Where did you get them? True Ameraucanas are generally only available at a breeder. No fear: Easter Eggers are wonderful birds and you'll enjoy them just as much. Your birds look like they'll be the common golden partridgey color many EE hens have.". But, ha ha, it is taken from BYC apparently.
If you want a "bona fide" anything, your best bet is to go straight to the breeder. The "big bin" stores are very prone to mix-ups in both labeling and sorting. Then there are the unavoidable bin-jumpers. I guess the chick feed is always tastier on the other side of the wall!

so I have a couple I love and probably for different personality traits…. Speckled Sussex….. love these birds, mine our little explorers who come to my glass back door and tap at the glass while looking at me… they also camouflage perfectly, and their colors are gorgeous! My Buff Brahmas, Jemima and Myrtle should have been named Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum…. They always stay together, waddle as the run and aren’t very graceful….. and are especially comfortable being near me…. Probably because of how they were raised…. Lastly, I love Barnevelders they are smart (at least mine has proven to be), at this time they lay my largest eggs (they are not even a year old), and I find them very personable and recognize who is in “their” group and entertaining as beautiful. There are others I would a chance to own, but out of the flock I currently have these are my absolute favs.

I find all the Speckled Sussex I've owned are friendly and curious and just beautiful!
Also a few of my Wyandottes too. My previous girl Ruby would come hop up on the bench next to me looking for head scritches ❤

My 2 favorite breeds are Seramas and Ameraucanas. Seramas come in many different colors, they are really friendly, they are cute and do a cool pose, and especially the roosters just have great personalities. I love Ameraucanas because they are very sweet and friendly and always want to be with me, they come in some really pretty colors, and I just love the body shape and the muffs and beards!

Back
Top Bottom