What breed it this cockerel?

Kathryn173

Songster
9 Years
Apr 26, 2014
Ireland
im looking for a second opinion on this cockerel's breed. i got a few eggs two years ago and he hatched from a pale blue one. i think hes a legbar of some sort but im not sure. the first pic is him now and the second is when he was a few days old

im looking for a second opinion on this cockerel's breed. i got a few eggs two years ago and he hatched from a pale blue one. i think hes a legbar of some sort but im not sure. the first pic is him now and the second is when he was a few days old
Looks like a Legbar to me, maybe just a little heavy in the chest. Must be all the good food he gets. :cd Edited for spelling because auto correct stinks.

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif

I agree he looks too dark to be a Legbar, but they're not my thing so I may be incorrect. If you go to the Breeds, Genetic and Showing section, there are a couple Legbar threads with folks who know that breed upside down...maybe post your pic there and they can help you out.

thanks guys, he may be a marran legbar mix then, i was just thinking legbar as he was from a blue egg and had a yellow dot on his head when he hatched (the pic doesnt show it well), but he is too dark and might be a bit heavy at the front

Back
Top Bottom