What breed/kind of chickens to get??

We live in Destrehan, La, and have an assortment but the Barred Rocks are the most friendly. They enjoy sitting in my lap and like being petted. My others are friendly and will come to me but do not want to sit on my lap. I have EE, Leghorns, Black Australorps, RIR, and Blue Plymouths. We also had two Turkins which were very aggressive and mean. We no longer have them. We also make sure when we buy different breeds that we buy two or more of the same breed.

Oh, I should mention that I have a few sex links and they fly higher than other chickens. If that is an issue you may stay away from getting those. They are quite friendly as far as following me but not sitting on my lap.

Oh, I should mention that I have a few sex links and they fly higher than other chickens. If that is an issue you may stay away from getting those. They are quite friendly as far as following me but not sitting on my lap.
I have had many sex links fly out and not bin able to find so I would not lean towards that breed unless you run is the most protected on earth.

Back
Top Bottom