What breed mix do you think she is?

So Mille fluer a lot of the times makes Colombian coloring. So she could be crossed with many things.
That's cool! So I'd assume something orange/buff/the color is really orange but we're supposed to call it buff. I know that feathered feet are dominant, (not sure to what) and single comb is recessive to rose comb and I'm assuming other comb types. So...something buff with a single comb and slate legs.

That's cool! So I'd assume something orange/buff/the color is really orange but we're supposed to call it buff. I know that feathered feet are dominant, (not sure to what) and single comb is recessive to rose comb and I'm assuming other comb types. So...something buff with a single comb and slate legs.
Exactly

This is my 8 year old Mille Fleur D’uccle mix, Dawn. I’ve been told she’s a silkie/d’uccle mix, but I’m not sure. I looked at pictures online and she doesn’t really match any of them. I know every chicken is unique, but was wondering if I could have some opinions! Thank youView attachment 2429133
She definitely looks D’uccle... but could be mixed with something else.

This is my 8 year old Mille Fleur D’uccle mix, Dawn. I’ve been told she’s a silkie/d’uccle mix, but I’m not sure. I looked at pictures online and she doesn’t really match any of them. I know every chicken is unique, but was wondering if I could have some opinions! Thank youView attachment 2429133
I actually doubt that she is partly because she has black feet. If the mother was a silkie and the father was a D’uccle than she would only have black feet if she were a cockerel because it is a sex linked gene. Then again if it were the other way around it could be random... she honestly doesn’t look like she is mixed with silkie.

Well what are possible dads?
Gah, I don’t even remember lol. We got her so long ago.
The owner had a lot of different male chickens on her property. I remember Dutch bantams being one of them which is why I thought to bring it up. Also silkies, brahmas, etc...
I wonder if it would be strange to contact the original owner and ask her, it’s been 8 years at this point so I’m not sure she’d even remember

Back
Top Bottom