What Breed/Mix of Breeds is this Hen?

do you have any background on where your friend might of gotten her, this info would help alot unless he got her from some hatchery as a surprise chick, but i still can see a sex link in her but to find out if she has anything mixe din with here have u tried getting her to lay fertile eggs to hatch one out to see what it holds, you can get a nice surprise, and it could be the key to answering your question

He got her from a livestock auction so no help there. The photos make her look darker than she is. She is a light gold color with no white or reddish feathers at all. Some dark black feathers inside her tail. I have noticed her ear is white like my leghorn roosters. I have been resisting the urge to buy an incubator, you guys sure don't make it easy!
big_smile.png

people are saying buff but to me she doesnt look that buffed out, it just might be the pictures ot the buffs im use to seeing but this looks just like a lighter color version of my rir laying hen, i still say red sex link

I have a hen that is a mirror image of her, Mine is a product of a RIR Father and White Rock Mother. I only have 1 and she is very docile and lays a lighter brown egg of large size.

Dirt.

Looks exactly like my 3 sex-links. Mine have stopped laying due to age but they were my best layers until they reached 2 years old. Now I'm lucky if I get 1 egg a week from each of them.
My Roo Mr.Foghorn (RIP- I miss hearing him crowe) was very fond of the sex-link ladies and didn't pay any attention to my BO's.

Back
Top Bottom