What breed?! No one knows

Synisity

Hatching
5 Years
Apr 18, 2014
I picked up some heritage RIR's and some barred rock chicks a couple weeks ago from my local feed store but one of the barred rocks is definitely not a barred rock. I went to the feed store today with pictures and they are clueless as to what she could be. Maybe you all may have some clues??

One of the main things I've noticed about this chick is the feet. There a dark greenish color. Any help would be appreciated. btw she (hopefully) is about 4 weeks old (sorry for the bad pics)

I think she's an easter egger. The green legs are a dead giveaway. They're not really a breed, but rather mixes designed to lay a lot of blue or green eggs, so they can come in a lot of colors. She also has a pea comb, which points in the easter egger direction as well.

Last edited:
Thats actually pretty exciting to hear! I had been looking everywhere for easter egger chicks but no one had them locally. So it would be a very welcomed suprise!

Thats actually pretty exciting to hear! I had been looking everywhere for easter egger chicks but no one had them locally. So it would be a very welcomed suprise!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom