What breed of chicken is best for me

zrossk

Chirping
8 Years
Dec 11, 2011
Blandon, Pennsylvania
Hello fellow BYC people. I was wondering what breed of chicken would be best for me. I want a chicken that does not need a lot of other chickens and can become tame very easily. I cannot keep chickens where i live nor would my parents ever let me have one ): However, if that does change or when i am old enough to move out, what chicken would be best for me?

if you want a really tame chicken for a pet I would suggest a silkie. if you want it for eggs there are so many choices, I would just find one that you like the look of and do some research. good luck eventually getting your chickens!

Almost any chicken can become tame, if enough time is spent with it. Some of the most tame chickens I've ever owned are Blue Wheaten Ameraucanas and Barred Rocks. (I also had some Barred Rocks from McMurray that were SHE DEVIL'S ... but that's another story)

I've had two barred rocks that have been just awesome. One from Cackle and the one I have now from Ideal. She loves to be held, lays lots of eggs and is just a sweetheart.

Back
Top Bottom