What breed of chicken is this?

Toastingbacon

Hatching
6 Years
Aug 21, 2013
Last year, a rooster wandered into our yard. My family ended up taking him in, and we've had him ever since.

His characteristics are, a speckled body of black, brown, and white. His tail feathers were a blue-green. He weighed about 5 pounds. He was nice and playful towards people he knew, and would try to scare off strangers.

This is what he looked like the day we found him.

We would let him into our house, and we would play with him. At night he would climb up into a tree to roost for the night. However, in May of this year, he was attacked in the middle of the night. My father thought he heard the rooster, and he went outside, but he was too late, our rooster was already gone. After loosing that rooster, I realized how much I missed him and I was looking to find another rooster similar to this one.

These are two of the most recent pictures of him I have.

I'd appreciate any help I can get.

He's not a true breed of chicken; he's a crossbreed. He probably has some Easter Egger ancestors, but he could really be a mix of any number of breeds. I am sorry that you lost him.
hugs.gif

Last edited:
I agree, barnyard mix, although I'm not seeing any easter egger in there.
Why not? Its not that I don't think you could be correct; I'm just curious. He appears to me to have the typical color pattern and type of a bird with EE heritage. Though he also looks somewhat Brahma-like...

barnyardmix, he is very pretty. sorry you lost your rooster. You might want to get a hen or 2 when you get another roo, if you dont already have another. Chickens arent solitary animals

Why not? Its not that I don't think you could be correct; I'm just curious. He appears to me to have the typical color pattern and type of a bird with EE heritage. Though he also looks somewhat Brahma-like...
The straight comb, smooth face, and to me the color's off. Plus EE are usually leggier and lean, this guy looks sturdy and rounded.

Back
Top Bottom