What breed of Chickens do I have? Do I have a Roo lurking?

dasmiths0323

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jul 13, 2011
I have 5 different breeds and I know the 3 youngest are Ameracauna's about 5 weeks, and maybe buff's but just wondering what you think? Also are any of the Amer's a Roo, I was thinking maybe one of them. Then in my 6 older girls (about 9 weeks)The Mostly black one was wondering if it was a roo? Thanks

Close up pictures of the youngins one of each close up... added on the end!

Black one in the middle possible Roo?
IMG_2164.jpg

another view of him,
IMG_2162.jpg

The Youngins, is one a Roo?
IMG_2159.jpg

IMG_2152.jpg

IMG_2150.jpg

IMG_2149.jpg

Sorry the Files are so big thanks again for looking!

Last edited:
Ah, you have to post a bit before the board allows pictures. I think it's 7 posts, so just reply and comment to threads and/or introduce yourself on the thread for introductions. looking forward to seeing your flock!

They're all pullets!
big_smile.png
Looks like you have 2 black sex links, red sex link, 2 production reds (rir), 3 easter eggers and a buff orp!

Last edited:
the black with red necks are black sex link hens the reds look like rode island reds and the other hen is a production red?? you might have two roosters in the youngesters, need better pics on their combs good luck

Even the first one you dont think is a roo? Thats the one I was worried about? Thanks for you input!

It looks like the typical EE pullet/hen color pattern. I could be wrong though. I just don't see a little roo in there at all. Plus the pea comb isn't red and only has one row of bumps, boys would have 3 rows of bumps.

Oh ok thanks I am new at this, and these are our first Ladies.... I am very excited to have them! I was unaware that the males would have a different pattern this early!

Back
Top Bottom