What Breed Of Dog Should I Get?

What breed of dog should I get?

• Rottweiler

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Beagle

• PittBull (I had an American Pitt, she as soooo sweet)

• German Shepherd

• Total voters

BackroadGirl57

KITT Still Rocks!
Mar 20, 2023
Northern Virginia
So I have a male Mtn Cur/Mtn Fiest mix, and my female Beagle/JRT mix just passed on in the fall. I can't bear to be without a CBFF (Canine Best Friend Forever) for very long, so I want to get a puppy in the spring. And yes, the male is fixed. I love him dearly, but he is WILD and ROWDY and causes a TOTAL, ABSOLUTE RUCKUS every time someone plays with him. So I want another female - one that I can take for walks without having my arms dislocated, let in the house to cuddle with without it looking like a tornado passed through my living room, and train to track deer, to sit, to stay, to come to me, to lie down, to fetch, to give a hug, and to help me by fetching items for me. I want a gentle dog that won't back down from protecting me, since I live in an...eh.. untrustworthy and semi-dangerous area. I'd like a medium-size breed so I can let her in the house, but I adore large dogs also. What do you think?

Budget: I have about 300$

Shelters always have an abundance of dogs that need loving homes. Many dogs can be trained to do the things you said and shelters always have many different types of dogs. You would need to be able to interact with the dogs you are interested in and see if their personality is good for you. Many shelters allow a dog walker to walk with a potential adopter to see how they are on leash and outside.

I would not suggest huskies or German shepherds as they require a lot of time and a lot of training. Rottweilers are on the same boat as the other two, plus they have a tendency to tear up things and have separation issues.

From what you say I would suggest a pitbull or pitty mix of some sort. Great loving dogs that have a very loud bark and great protective instincts. Most people don’t mess with people that have pit bulls with them of any sort. I can also say that both of my pitties that I have owned have been great trackers of whatever creature that have roamed through my yard. My current one has dug up multiple moles and enjoys tracking deer (I haven’t taught her officially to hunt but she is pretty good at it).

I wish you the best of luck finding a good dog for what you want.

Back
Top Bottom