What breed of duck is this?

NajmoNests

Crowing
13 Years
Mar 1, 2010
E. Central, MN
50039_qwade_5.jpg
This is Qwade - He is now 3 months old, 6oz.

50039_qwade_-_then.jpg
This was Qwade, 6 wks old.

His sinus infection has moved into 1 air sac and he is on liquid baytril
So... what breed is he? I was told he was a call duckling when rescue gave him to me.

barnie.gif
Where are all the duck breeders? Nobody can identify this duckling? At this point, We are wondering if it might have been a wild duck the teens caught & submitted to rescue. Thoughts on this, please?
th.gif

are there 2 ducklings... they arent a pic of the same one right? I have calls... my snowy call was mostly yellow as a baby and my grey was brown as in the second pic.. u say they are 3 months , they should be feathered out 3 months..they look fuzzy still.. they do have call duck features but look like a x maybe.. Im still learning ..

my snowy call as a baby .. the one in right hand

43749_im002449.jpg

my gray call @ 2 months old

43749_hpim1052.jpg

my snowy 2 months old

43749_smudge_riot_.jpg

Might be snowy or appleyard, but he/she is 3 months old now and only 6 oz - 147 gr. Not call duckling size by far. I realize he's underweight because he's got a bad cold, but... runt? Was not sure if this could have been a wild type duck. Not Mallard by any means. This lil tid bit is the size of a small grapefruit when hunched down! Both of those pic are of same duck - 3 weeks apart! This is current handful pic.
50039_qwade1.jpg

wow .. I thought I had a tiny duck.. there a couple ppl on here with tiny tiny ducks.. Micro duck and BooBoo,,, I know BooBoo is a call and I think Micro duck is too.,, He looked like grey from the second pic, but like i said,, Im not good with all that yet,, just going by what I have..
hope he gets better .. poor baby..

Quote:
looks a lot like the color on my appleyard hens. if he's little, could be a mini-appleyard. or appleyard-call cross. he does look like he's got the call duck bill.

Back
Top Bottom