What breed of duckling?

Paula2567

Chirping
Sep 20, 2019
Someone brought me these duck eggs that were in a neighborhood by a pond at the base of a tree and the tree needed to be removed and they didn’t want the eggs broken, so I am hatching them. The eggs are very large and greenish blue color. Louisiana
D7AEC9FF-6D6C-49EE-BC6B-910993F08B8E.jpeg
968AC134-3140-4F3B-9AD7-D6751AE3135F.jpeg
5CA0D6FC-4B6D-49D7-AD3B-4A2BAB54B85F.jpeg

Those are probably Mallards. But um, its kinda illegal to remove wild duck eggs. Not your fault, just something to be aware of. Can you get them to a rescue?
Thank you. I was not aware of that. I just want those babies to live, that is why I agreed to hatching them. Otherwise the eggs would have been destroyed. I will search into a rescue.

Thank you. I was not aware of that. I just want those babies to live, that is why I agreed to hatching them. Otherwise the eggs would have been destroyed. I will search into a rescue.
Great! Good thing you rescued those little babies ❤ So cute! Be sure to take lots of photos before taking them to the rescue 😂

Looks very similar to my Rouen muscovy cross eggs/babies and my mallard Rouen babies so I'd guess it's a mallard cross with the single eyestripe. Those eggs don't look like mallard eggs though so could be a different wild duck or the drake was a mallard with a different female.

Back
Top Bottom