What breed of duckling?

I was told that there were Pekin and green head ducks( not sure if mallard or Rouen that were put in the pond. If that helps?

Green head duck could be referring to mallard unless there's a duck that's actually called green head which I'm not familiar with. But a pekins and mallard could make a baby that looks like that pekins lay white eggs which is how the eggs look to me in the picture though you said they are greenish blue so that would indicate mallard eggs. Here's a couple pics of my mix babies all have two eyestripes taking after their Rouen father though.
received_707837796617718.jpeg this one might be a Rouen pekins cross too many white eggs for me to be sure lol. It has yellow and black feet like yours.
MVIMG_20200604_100902.jpg this one was from a mallard egg
IMG_20200606_103831.jpg mallard egg

Green head duck could be referring to mallard unless there's a duck that's actually called green head which I'm not familiar with. But a pekins and mallard could make a baby that looks like that pekins lay white eggs which is how the eggs look to me in the picture though you said they are greenish blue so that would indicate mallard eggs. Here's a couple pics of my mix babies all have two eyestripes taking after their Rouen father though.
View attachment 2191497 this one might be a Rouen pekins cross too many white eggs for me to be sure lol. It has yellow and black feet like yours.
View attachment 2191507this one was from a mallard egg
View attachment 2191510mallard egg
A second one just hatched and it has 2 eye stripes

That definitely leads me to think it's probably a veriety of mallard cross babies. Pictures are totally needed if only for the cuteness factor :p.
That definitely leads me to think it's probably a veriety of mallard cross babies. Pictures are totally needed if only for the cuteness factor :p.
i just looked at the 2nd one and it does not have 2 eye line, just 1

Back
Top Bottom