What breed of goat is this?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by taraann81, May 10, 2009.

1. taraann81

taraann81 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Ontario
    Hi guys! I got a little buck kid last week and everyone on here kept telling me I should get another as they like other goats for company.
    Well I found some for sale for 20. I went to look at them and I saw one I liked. I asked is that a boy? The guy reached in between the goats legs and said yup. I said I would take him. We got him home and put him on the grass and I noticed he squatted to pee. I thought hmmm, Oliver doesn't do that. I looked. ANd He's a she! I feel so lucky but also bad for the guy but not bad enough to take her back! I will post a pic so you guys can tell me what her breed or cross is. Shes adorable!
    Around here if you want a female they are at least $250, we originally wanted a girl until I realized it was such a huge price difference so we decided we would settle on a wether.

What breed or cross is she?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 10, 2009
  2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Congratulations! [​IMG] I think goats are just tooo cute! Good luck with them.

3. kelseygirl707

kelseygirl707 Dances with Chickens

Mar 3, 2009
    Lakeport, Ca.
    Woot Woot, Finders Keepers!

4. dkluzier

dkluzier Chillin' With My Peeps

soooo... what's HER name????

5. taraann81

taraann81 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Ontario
    Quote:Thats the problem HE was going to be Jasper. Now we have to think of a new name!

6. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    How about Jasmine? It's similar to Jasper.

What good luck! [​IMG]

7. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

Jezabelle ????

8. Quote:I have always HATED that name!

Jasper from twilight? LOL How about Bella or Alice? [​IMG]

9. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

Well, after all I was mentioning that name to Taranne, not you !

10. username taken

username taken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2009
    She looks either alpine or Nigi, depending on her size and age (I cant judge from the photo). Did the person have adult goats there? Were they full size or minis?

Lol I have done that before too, just a quick look or feel and wrote the kid down in the birth book as a boy/girl, tag it (I tag boys in the left ear, girls in the right ear) then a few months later I'm thinking hey ... that doe kid is looking awfully masculine, or wow, the buck kid is awfully pretty and looks like a doe .... hmm, he piddles out the back end ... lol

Hey, I'd be doing a hula dance, you got a doe kid for a buck price!

Now just make sure you wether your little guy so you dont have any accidents ...

(Btw I havent forgotten to send that stuff through to you by PM, just been awfully busy with my doe in at the vet almost every day for a week!)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by