What breed of roo?

Can't tell from that pic... feathering on his legs would be a line of feathers that would go down the entire outside of his legs and to his outer toe... if his legs are clean, no feathers where the 'scales' are, then he's not marans crossed...

Whatever breed he is, he's gorgeous! Great pictures
thumbsup.gif

Awe, thanks!
I am just curious about breed because he is with my austrolorp hens and I am hoping for more austrolorp hens but not sure what kind of mix would be the result.
Perhaps it really does not matter that much. He is such a good roo, that is enough for me !

Awe, thanks!
I am just curious about breed because he is with my austrolorp hens and I am hoping for more austrolorp hens but not sure what kind of mix would be the result.
Perhaps it really does not matter that much. He is such a good roo, that is enough for me !

He does look to be at least mostly black australorp... or maybe he is and thats bad leakage maybe? Anyways, I think he'd be great to breed to your hens...

He looks like a mix, that's a common result when you breed a red bird and a black bird. His chicks from your Aussie hens will be mostly black, with some red leakage here and there.

Back
Top Bottom