What breed of rooster is this??????!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by magicpigeon, Jan 23, 2011.

1. magicpigeon

magicpigeon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
  2. DTchickens

DTchickens Overrun With Chickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    Ahhh, the ever popular Denizli's. Here's a link for anyone interested - http://feathersite.com/Poultry/CGD/Denizli/BRKDenizli.html

And
    for anyone wondering, yes they are in North America. Not a popular breed, but they can be found from time to time, specifically sold as eggs.

-Daniel

ETA: Notice that "The ever popular Denizli's." yet "Not a popular breed." I don't plan on changing it though, makes sense to me. Popular that a lot of people know, and talk about them. But not a popular breed to own.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2011
  3. chickiedoo

chickiedoo Out Of The Brooder

Sep 28, 2010
    Whoa. Holy cow, who knew roosters had that much breath! That was one looooooooooooooong (annoying [​IMG] ) crow

Last edited: Jan 23, 2011
  4. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    There are several other long crower breeds, too. None are common; denizli are probably the most common in the US

5. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    The longest I've heard are from the Kosova longrower, sadly not in the US (I'd be one of the first to breed them if they were [​IMG]) But yes, there are indeed Denizli breeders here. [​IMG]

I believe Sandhill also sells Tomaru longrowers. Hardly a "long" crow, but still impressive compared to the average rooster.

6. thecochincoop

thecochincoop Chillin' With My Peeps

I could not stand a roo like that. Sounds more like a dinosaur to me [​IMG]

7. Pinky

Pinky Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2008
    South GA
    That was a long crow! I wish my rooster could crow like that, maybe it would drown out the neighbors's barking dogs.

8. magicpigeon

magicpigeon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    Quote:LOL! I want one too, but they're not it Australia either [​IMG]

9. Cowgirl71

Cowgirl71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Missouri Ozarks
    I busted out laughing toward the end as he was running out of breath. [​IMG] Those poor hens, having to listen to him all the time! I can only imagine what he sounded like when he was learning to crow.

Sorry, but I could never put up with that noise. I'd plug him with a .22 by crow #3. [​IMG]

Thanks for sharing! I've heard of long crowing breeds and always wondered what one sounded like. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by