What breed of turkey should i get?

We raise blue slates and they are THE sweetest, most curious, and personable things ever. Blue Slates are a medium sized, naturally reproducing breed and are pretty rare. I have 60 at the moment from 3 months to 2 years old and they ALL follow me around the place. I think you would be well pleased with this breed since you are wanting pets.
1571_011.jpg

1571_621.jpg

As you can see there is all different colors of turkeys. Since you are wanting it for a pet/show then I guess you should just pick one that appeals to you. The more you handle them and work with them the more friendly they become. Just remember that cute little poult will grow up to be a 20 to 30 pound tom and will still want to sit in your lap....
big_smile.png

Sharon

Quote:
And follow you around, and see what you'er doing, and "help", and steal your kids toys, and try and follow you inside, and follow your dog, and get into the chickens, and talk to the neighbors, and steal your buttons and untie your shoes and peck off your scabs, and climb on your stuff, and look in your windows and cry cry cry when they cant see you but can hear you...

I love my turkeys but they are a cross between two year olds and a group of overly friendly tourists off a big tour bus in front of the empire state building. I love them but I am greatly anticipating reducing their numbers this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom