1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What breed/s are these?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by AmateurChickie, Aug 27, 2013.

1. AmateurChickie

AmateurChickie Out Of The Brooder

Aug 25, 2013
    Hi all, these are our 9 hens and 2 roosters!
    We're pretty sure it's 9:2. There's one my uncle seems to think is a rooster instead of a hen :p
    Anyway, I want to know the breed/s if anyone can tell me. I know they pictures aren't too great, but they don't like humans :p

[​IMG] Our brooding hen!

[​IMG]The one up the back is the one we're unsure of

[​IMG] This one is our smaller rooster and another hen
    [​IMG] A better picture of the hen my uncle isn't sure about. She's a hen, right?

Sorry the pictures are so bad, I took them on my phone and these hens don't like people.
    We used to have a really beautiful black hen with green through her feathers, but she died two weeks ago. I don't think any of the babies came from her, but just in case that helps.
    Also, if it helps, I'm in Australia.

2. lilliesanchicks

lilliesanchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2013
    I am inclined to think the little fuzzy one is a rooster.

3. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    It looks like a silkied rooster, just seen my friends silkied cochin rooster, and they look very much alike.

4. AmateurChickie

AmateurChickie Out Of The Brooder

Aug 25, 2013
    Ah, three roosters, great! Lol. The other two annoy the hens, but seem okay with each other most of the time.
    Thank you both of you!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by