What breed should I get?

Quote:
Hi seminolewind
Have I try pushing my La Fleche eggs before ?
hmm.png
No, I would just like to see more breeders of this very rare breed.
smile.png
As of right now I do not even have the La Fleche breed. I will be receiving 25 La Fleche chicks March 11 or 12 from Ideal Hatchery. So no egg pushing this year maybe next year.
tongue.png

William Grace

Last edited:
Quote:
Hi seminolewind
hmm.png
smile.png
As of right now I do not even have the La Fleche breed. I will be receiving 25 La Fleche chicks March 11 or 12 from Ideal Hatchery. So no egg pushing this year maybe next year.
tongue.png

William Grace

William, just a little welcome joke! I, for one, am interested in finding more out about La Fleche's. I think they're beautiful and know almost nothing about them. What do they weigh?

Quote:
Hi seminolewind
hmm.png
smile.png
tongue.png

William Grace

William, just a little welcome joke! I, for one, am interested in finding more out about La Fleche's. I think they're beautiful and know almost nothing about them. What do they weigh?

Hi seminolewind

Ideal Hatchery has them at males-7 to 8 lbs. and females-6 1/2 to 7 1/2 lbs.

William Grace

from the few breeds I have had I'd have to say Australorps or Delawares, but they both lay a cream-brown egg. I don't know how broody the Dels are, as mine are young and the breed is kinda rare. Lorps or BAs as they get called, are very sweet birds, lay like crazy and are good mothers. I never had any troubles with my rooster, and I liked the hens very much, layed alright in the winter with out added light.

most of the birds I've had came from Ideal, the only breed I have not liked from them was the barred rocks. they were real bullys to the others birds, but that was 5-6 years ago.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom