What breed to get???

What breed????

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I chose Orpington and Marans—my marans are blue copper and they are just really easy going flock members that lay beautiful eggs. Mine aren’t especially cuddly but they do like to sit near me when I visit. Just hate being held. 😁 I adore my lavender Orpingtons…my rooster is my favorite and my hens are super friendly and gentle. Can’t go wrong with these breeds! ❤️

Confused Joe Biden GIF by CBS News

Gems are definitely a production breed. They were created solely for production. Just like any other hatchery sex-link. Which is why they are prone to reproductive issues.

I didn't read the requirements, but if "pets" is one of them, I'd stay away from production birds such as sex-links.
Fun, quirky birds. I had 4. One died under a year old due to reproductive issues.

So shocked about the Orpingtons…my Buff is lovely! And she lays a very large egg, bigger first egg too than all the rest except my Blue Marans whose first egg was normal size.
I am shocked to, my orpington is so sweet and my sex link is very mean to them over food, the orp will go out of her way to make sure that no one gets pecked over food. And she gives up her roosting spot so everyone has a spot, i have to add a another roosting bar this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom