What breed would be best?

plymouthrockFarm123

Songster
11 Years
Jul 1, 2008
we are getting our coop ready and we need to pick out some breeds. we can hold 10-20 chickens they need to be friendly, good layers, unique (pretty) and can stand cold and hot. We are going to get a few barred plymouth rocks but would like a couple more breeds. and we are not going to get any with feathers on there feet
tongue.png

thank you

You may want to check out the thread
What should i Get??? by scooby

on the front page of this topic. Lots of people have given lots of good advice. I didn't see many feather-legs mentioned!

(I'm not into feather legs, either
smile.png
)

if you want to order from rochester, you may not have much choice about what to get -- do they even carry ANY 'regular breeds' (as opposed to sexlinks and other crosses) anymore?

Pat

OH I love feather legs! My cochin is the sweetest thing! My barred rock takes the cake on sweetness tho! She is VERY lovable! My other good lovable girls are my EE's. I have mostly feather footed! lol

ya they carry leghorns orpingtons brahamas RIR etc i think we are going to get columbian rock ,barred rock, ameraucanas, orpingtons and mabye a couple australorps. then we might get some meat chickens

From what I understand, Wyandottes produce a decent amount of eggs but not a huge amount like Leghorns.

It will also depend on the line that the hatchery is breeding from.

Back
Top Bottom