What breed?

BroodyB

In the Brooder
Jul 6, 2015
Rochester MN

Feathers have some gold flecks.

My little beast! Pretty much solid black wings with some lighter gray on the under side.

Last edited:
Where did you get them? The second one may be a Black Austsralorp but I'm not sure.
I agree. I'm not sure on the first one either, it looks like a Buff Brahma chick, but the legs are clean and dark and the feathers the wrong color. I'm guessing it will have golden-laced plumage, but the dark legs are really throwing me off.

I thought I responded! Anywho the breeder I got them from said they were araucana but I'm pretty much 100% they aren't. I did get other pure bred chickens though, so Easter eggers?

I thought I responded! Anywho the breeder I got them from said they were araucana but I'm pretty much 100% they aren't. I did get other pure bred chickens though, so Easter eggers?
They could both be Easter Eggers, I'd say that's what the first chick is. But the second one has a fair chance at being an Black Australorp, too.

I keep posting and having to repost! Frustration! Anywho... I had gotten a black australorp chick with my group of seven and based on his markings I thought he was the one I lost. When I look at black australorp chicks online they have white markings the chick in question didn't have any.

Here is a top view of the two chicks in question.

Back
Top Bottom