What breed?!

beethechicken

In the Brooder
Jul 19, 2016
I've asked on this site before about the breed of this chicken and whilst they were helpful they weren't definite answers:) .... A few said that he could possibly be an Easter egger? He's about eight weeks now. Thanks!:)

Mixed breed. He doesn't especially strike me as an EE, but since he's not laying any eggs it's kind of a moot point unless you're planning on breeding him.

Mixed breed. He doesn't especially strike me as an EE, but since he's not laying any eggs it's kind of a moot point unless you're planning on breeding him. 

I don't mind as he's very sweet.. what would you say he was if not EE?

I'd say mix of mixes. He may have some EE blood a bit back, with the beard, but otherwise I'm not seeing any Ee characteristics. He's colored like a second generation red sex link, except those dark legs.

I'd say mix of mixes. He may have some EE blood a bit back, with the beard, but otherwise I'm not seeing any Ee characteristics. He's colored like a second generation red sex link, except those dark legs. 

That's so weird.... I mean I was surprised when I heard he could be an EE as the place where I got him seemed pretty passionate about pure breeds but now he's turned out to be a mix of mixes?! I mean I really don't care about pure breeds I just find it a little odd.... But thank you for your help:)

Well, you can sure ask them what he could be. But there's nothing that fits those slate legs, that coloring, comb and beard.

Back
Top Bottom