What breed?

Jjn348

Chirping
Oct 8, 2018
My husband just brought a hen home from a friends house... it was the last one there and doomed for death. He doesn’t know what breed or how old. Anyone have any guesses on breed?

Attachments

• DFAB0B85-2234-4661-97C7-DB43C6084207.jpeg
    DFAB0B85-2234-4661-97C7-DB43C6084207.jpeg
    679.7 KB · Views: 19
I agree, that's an Easter egger hen. :) Very lovely!
If you are going to keep her I would suggest one or two hen friends for her. Chickens are social and unless she will be a house chicken with constant human interaction, she needs the companionship. Good luck and Welcome to BYC!

Also may I ask why she was doomed? Sorry just curious :)

PuffypooThe person he got her from has had serious problems with predators mainly because the coop isn’t predator proof and even if it was he doesn’t shut the door to it at night all the time. So she was the last one and he definitely wasn’t worried about her well being... I have 3 other hens to keep her company :) and a little Banty roo.

PuffypooThe person he got her from has had serious problems with predators mainly because the coop isn’t predator proof and even if it was he doesn’t shut the door to it at night all the time. So she was the last one and he definitely wasn’t worried about her well being... I have 3 other hens to keep her company :) and a little Banty roo.
Oh that's good! Glad you rescued her! Enjoy your new hen :)

Back
Top Bottom