what breed?

braxide

Chirping
Aug 10, 2023
i made a post a bit ago about this little guy and i think it’s pretty clear it is a mix however does anyone have any idea with what? its feathers have changed quite a bit since that post. it’s gurenteeed part silkie it has the skin color and extra toes and feathers on feet. but it’s pattern is strange and it has a fairly big comb (which also makes me think it’s a rooster?) and it hardly has a puff on top and also just has a strange pattern.any ideas?
50FCC68F-0039-4515-9E38-5D7758AB7700.jpeg
419EEC46-736F-4A43-8D30-625FA046D333.jpeg

Do you know any of the possible breeds it could be mixed with? I’m inclined to say it’s a cockerel, depending on age.

Do you know any of the possible breeds it could be mixed with? I’m inclined to say it’s a cockerel, depending on age.
i feel like the person mentioned seramas when i was buying the birds but i don’t remember exactly what was said or the context. when i was there they mainly just had the silkies and some brown black laced birds of some kind that were smaller (not sure if those were the “seramas” or something else, but those were the only birds i happened to see i’m sure there may have been others) they mainly had ducks and geese which we actually went for ducks and ended up with the silkies too. photos of serama silkies online don’t seem to match so i’m at a loss. :hit it’s also probbaly around 5 weeks.

i feel like the person mentioned seramas when i was buying the birds but i don’t remember exactly what was said or the context. when i was there they mainly just had the silkies and some brown black laced birds of some kind that were smaller (not sure if those were the “seramas” or something else, but those were the only birds i happened to see i’m sure there may have been others) they mainly had ducks and geese which we actually went for ducks and ended up with the silkies too. photos of serama silkies online don’t seem to match so i’m at a loss. :hit it’s also probbaly around 5 weeks.
He could be a Serama, especially if the other birds were smaller than Silkies. Could the laced birds have been Barnevelders? I think they come in bantam size, and that might fit his coloring better.

He could be a Serama, especially if the other birds were smaller than Silkies. Could the laced birds have been Barnevelders? I think they come in bantam size, and that might fit his coloring better.
hmm it’s possible, that does look similar in coloring.

i made a post a bit ago about this little guy and i think it’s pretty clear it is a mix however does anyone have any idea with what? its feathers have changed quite a bit since that post. it’s gurenteeed part silkie it has the skin color and extra toes and feathers on feet. but it’s pattern is strange and it has a fairly big comb (which also makes me think it’s a rooster?) and it hardly has a puff on top and also just has a strange pattern.any ideas?View attachment 3611141View attachment 3611142
7919AD5A-4CD4-4BB5-86F3-F2BFFDD94CBA.jpeg
76DA6979-1135-407A-9876-27A8982D6AB0.jpeg

getting head feathers

Back
Top Bottom