What breed?

GlitterKitty

Songster
10 Years
Nov 21, 2009
When (and if) we ever get our dream barn built..I want to get geese. So I made a list of what kinds I thought maybe Id want (yes I like to plan WAYYYY ahead
tongue.png
) anyways heres the list:

Sebastopol
Dewlap Toulouse

Yeah and thats it...but I have a few written down that are maybes African, Pomeranian, Embden, and Pilgrim.
I think Id like to get a gander and goose Sebastopol. But based on your opinions which geese should I take off, and which should I add? Will these geese get along with eachother? I will just have a pen for geese but I wasnt planning seperating by breed.

Thanks in advance
big_smile.png

ETA: I do want to base it off personality. I like friendly animals
big_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I will tell you what I know:

I only have two Embden geese and my gander I seem to be fighting constantly and he is very mean but my goose is the sweetest thing ever!!!!!!!
If I had to pick out of the two that you are thinking about then from what I heard I would do sebastopols, but I really do not know!!!

Hope this helps!!!

noahsgeese

If you want quiet,. slower moving, and relatively docile Dewlap Toulouse can't be beat in my opinion.

This is based on my current experiences with sebastopols, buff americans, and dewlap toulouse and prior experience (growing up) with chinese and production toulouse.

Thanks guys! I do really want a pair of Sebastopols and a Toulouse. And maybe depending on how much work they seem to be I'll add more. But do you think the toulouse and sebastopol will get along? And I guess if I got an Embden I'd get a female
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom