what breed?

ccshambhala

Songster
11 Years
Sep 8, 2008
Va

it is quite possible she is a mix - I might have thought she were pure ancona but for her legs.... which distinctly resemble my houdans.... (sorry she is sideways lol - I wish there was an easy option to fix that!)

I <3 LOVE <3 the houdans farmer boy - I follow the houdan thread and will be posting there soon again about mine... we lost our two houdans from last year - and I incubated a batch of eggs hoping to get some houdan crosses right after my roo from last year died. I got new houdans this year (2 roos came straight run from the feed store (Ideal?)) and 3 pullets ordered as pullets thru another feed store from Mcmurray) but the quality doesn't even seem to be as good as last years
hit.gif
there are some beautiful houdans in the houdan thread - will have to find a way to get some....

Look like a "hatchery" type Ancona.
If she had Houdan in her she would show signs of the V-Comb and a bit of the Crest, might even have the fifth toe.

Chris

thanx all....

Chris09 - all of my hatchery anconas have yellow legs - is the color of hers a recessive trait that can come back after a generation? one or two of the random hatch did have a v-comb (altho clearly she did not) is the v-comb a dominant trait? only 1 out of 21 that hatched had a crest :( .... i love learning genetics!!! thanx much!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom