1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What Breed

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Mahubbard, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Mahubbard

Mahubbard New Egg

Jun 8, 2014
    I got the eggs and was told they were easter eggers but they look nothing like my other easter eggers. No puffy cheeks and a couple look like giants compared to the others. Beautiful birds just curious.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Were the eggs colored? Ya, they really don't look like the usual EEs, even though EEs are mixes so they can look like pretty much everything depending on what breeds they were using, with the black roosters in your pictures, since at least one has feathered feet and both look to have single combs, maybe they are Marans mixes and somebody was making olive eggers using Marans?

3. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Agreed.

4. Mahubbard

Mahubbard New Egg

Jun 8, 2014
    Ya the eggs were blue. I know EE are kinda a mix up the first ones I bought and hatched came in every color but black then I ordered these and they all hatched out black a couple have feathering on the legs and some don't.

5. Blue Rooster

Blue Rooster Out Of The Brooder

Aug 19, 2014
    He looks a lot like my 4 month old rooster Dolan. He came from a blue egg also. He is a mix between an EE hen and a blue french maran rooster.

We hatched him out with two others that were hens. All came from the same hen and rooster. and only one has the fluffy cheeks.
    We got Dolan who is black, Pipi who is brown with EE looks, and Whirlwind who is black and white. ALL HAVE THE SAME PARENTS. Its so cool how they are all different. Out of three only one looks like an EE and they all came from green eggs.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    [​IMG]

My guess is someone was going for olive eggers. Basically makes them mixed breed cockerels.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by