What Breeds and Gender is This?

Anyone know if I mated the mixed barred rock cockerel with a female barred rock (not its mother), if they would produce barred rock chicks? If so would those chicks be sex links?

Anyone know if I mated the mixed barred rock cockerel with a female barred rock (not its mother), if they would produce barred rock chicks? If so would those chicks be sex links?
They would not be pure barred rocks. However, about 50% of them would probably look like barred rocks. The other 50% would be black pullets and cockerels with a single copy of the barring gene (like your current cockerel). So, any black chicks would be pullets, but you wouldn’t be able to tell which barred chicks are pullets or cockerels from hatch.

They would not be pure barred rocks. However, about 50% of them would probably look like barred rocks. The other 50% would be black pullets and cockerels with a single copy of the barring gene (like your current cockerel). So, any black chicks would be pullets, but you wouldn’t be able to tell which barred chicks are pullets or cockerels from hatch.
Thanks for the genetic info! Very helpful

Wold the b
Haven't been on for a bit, wasn't well now feeling better. Anywho, 4 chicks will be 3 months in a few weeks. Dad is black Easter Egger, possible moms are ISA brown, Golden Comet, Golden Laced Wyandotte and Barred Rock. I know there are tells and I have my
Doesn't matter either way, just looking for opinions or guesses from those experienced with the breeds.
Thanks!View attachment 3277461View attachment 3277462View attachment 3277463View attachment 3277464View attachment 3277465
Bottom photo be a starlight green egger

Back
Top Bottom