What breeds are my chickens?

Chickichickichoo

Chirping
Jun 16, 2020
Hello I just want some help identifying my chickens. Sorry for the quality of pictures it was the best I could do. They were all hatched from eggs given to me. Some of them came from olive Egger eggs and the rest were just mixed. I've never done this before so hopefully the post come out right. Thanks in advance for any help!

20210719_142216.jpg
20210719_142231.jpg
20210719_142306.jpg
20210719_142317.jpg
20210719_142352.jpg

Hello I just want some help identifying my chickens. Sorry for the quality of pictures it was the best I could do. They were all hatched from eggs given to me. Some of them came from olive Egger eggs and the rest were just mixed. I've never done this before so hopefully the post come out right. Thanks in advance for any help!

View attachment 2766277View attachment 2766278View attachment 2766279View attachment 2766280View attachment 2766283
The cockerels appear to be either Easter Eggers, or Olive Eggers.

The small barred hen could be a Legbar type olive egger. I think the other barred hens might be barred rock crosses. The darker birds are olive eggers or olive egger crosses.

It's really tough to know what goes into mixed breeds like these. If you can contact the source of the hatching eggs, that will give you the best shot of knowing.

Thank you that confirms most of my suspicions. The ones that have me a bit more stumped are the barred since they have the crest feathers and the smallest one even has feathers on her feet. Maybe those were crossed with a polish or silkie?

It's honestly almost impossible to say what's in a mixed breed unless they are the result of two purebred parents and you know what those parents were.

The birds with crests likely have Polish in their background somewhere. Or CCLB, Sultan, Brabanter, Houdan... See where I'm going? We just know that a crested breed was in their genetic makeup somewhere.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom