What Breeds are my chicks?

4th one might be an Easter Egger--I can't think of any pure breed that has a pea comb and also comes in that color. (A pea comb is usually smaller than the single comb the others have, and often goes with smaller wattles as well.)

It looks like a Shamo or Buckeye mix, or an Easter Egger. Yes, boy. The comb is very red.

Based on how tiny the wattles are, I think it's pure for pea comb, which makes me think Easter Egger rather than any different kind of mix.

4th one might be an Easter Egger--I can't think of any pure breed that has a pea comb and also comes in that color. (A pea comb is usually smaller than the single comb the others have, and often goes with smaller wattles as well.)

Based on how tiny the wattles are, I think it's pure for pea comb, which makes me think Easter Egger rather than any different kind of mix.
That's what I had thought too but I couldnt find any pictures or chickens online that looked similar to what I have.

Oh, yeah I forgot about that. Thanks
Yeah, I looked up now black sex link, and he looks almost exactly like a black sex link but he is not Barred. So does that mean hes mixed with something else as well?

Easter Eggers often look like sort-of Ameraucanas in non-standard colors; and because of the linkage between the pea comb gene and the blue egg gene, they often have pea combs. So for any puzzling bird with a pea comb, if it came from a hatchery or feed store, I guess Easter Egger. Sometimes I'm even right :)

Of course, some Easter Eggers come from crosses with Cream Legbar (single comb), so the pea comb is not universal among them.

You might just have a batch of Easter Egger cockerels. Or Olive Eggers (Easter Egger with more brown-egg genes, so they lay darker green eggs.)

Easter Eggers often look like sort-of Ameraucanas in non-standard colors; and because of the linkage between the pea comb gene and the blue egg gene, they often have pea combs. So for any puzzling bird with a pea comb, if it came from a hatchery or feed store, I guess Easter Egger. Sometimes I'm even right :)

Of course, some Easter Eggers come from crosses with Cream Legbar (single comb), so the pea comb is not universal among them.

You might just have a batch of Easter Egger cockerels. Or Olive Eggers (Easter Egger with more brown-egg genes, so they lay darker green eggs.)
Thanks for the help! I appreciate it alot!

Back
Top Bottom