What breeds are my friends?

Keelrj

Hatching
Jun 29, 2022
I purchased the first feathered friend who I believe to be a Roo from Rural King from a batch of Rhode Island Reds. But his mullet/hair piece looks like none of the RiRs I have.

The second looks to be a female of the same breed but again unsure.

3rd is a beauty who hatched out of my fertilized eggs I ordered. The 3 breeds were barred rock (doesn’t look like any of my other BR roosters or hens) Buff Orpingtons and Easter Eggers.
212F9B9A-A837-47F0-8B8E-6C27CD8DA7B0.jpeg
0AD6C201-5F30-41D6-9CC7-CAB41C3B13CF.jpeg
6EB80D17-BE6E-4BD9-9EB0-C304A4B9C327.jpeg

I purchased the first feathered friend who I believe to be a Roo from Rural King from a batch of Rhode Island Reds. But his mullet/hair piece looks like none of the RiRs I have.

3rd is a beauty who hatched out of my fertilized eggs I ordered. The 3 breeds were barred rock (doesn’t look like any of my other BR roosters or hens) Buff Orpingtons and Easter Eggers.
The third one looks like an Easter Egger.
The first might be an Easter Egger or Olive Egger, and the second might also be.

How old are they? (Age affects what I think of the gender.)

The third one looks like an Easter Egger.
The first might be an Easter Egger or Olive Egger, and the second might also be.

How old are they? (Age affects what I think of the gender.)
Approximately 12 weeks on the hens. 20 weeks on the dude with the great hair :)

Approximately 12 weeks on the hens. 20 weeks on the dude with the great hair :)
At 20 weeks, I think the one with the crest is female (unless you've heard it crowing or seen it mating?)

At 12 weeks, I think the middle one (Easter Egger) may be male, and the third one looks female to me.

3rd is a beauty who hatched out of my fertilized eggs I ordered. The 3 breeds were barred rock (doesn’t look like any of my other BR roosters or hens) Buff Orpingtons and Easter Eggers.View attachment 3168421View attachment 3168422View attachment 3168423
The middle one is the only cockerel. They’re all Easter eggers.

Back
Top Bottom