1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What breeds are they?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by SilkieBantams, Apr 7, 2012.

1. SilkieBantams

SilkieBantams Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2011
    Houston, TX
    I'm wondering what breeds are these little ones as some of them are feather footed.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. SilkieBantams

Sep 23, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Any idea as to what breeds they are?

3. BantamBabesFarm

BantamBabesFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2012
    Gloucester, VA
    I am a noobie at chickens still, and I really don't know for sure... There are only so many feather footed bantams it can be. You can look on the breeds list on this site. That helps me sometimes.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
  4. BantamoftheOpera

BantamoftheOpera Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    Southern Maine
    I am guessing your bottom one is a Mille Fleur D'Uccle based on the colors

5. Fluffballs

Fluffballs Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2012
    With my chickies!
    I's say the light feather-footed might be a cochin(?)

6. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    The white one looks like it has a bit of a crest and beard/muffs. I can't tell for sure but I think it has feathered legs and would guess it has an extra toe. If that is the case, then that one looks to be a Sultan.

The chick in the second pics might be an OEG. I think the rest of the feather legged chicks are D'Uccles. The first is probably a porcelain but possibly a self blue, the second to last is probably a golden neck, and last is a mille fleur.

7. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    are they bantam breeds and can you get a pic of them standing on their own? the 1st and last 2 look like they have vulture hocks which i would say they are d'uccles 1st a white, 2nd to last a golden neck, and the last a mille. the others i want to say a cochin and oegb

8. SilkieBantams

Sep 23, 2011
    Houston, TX
    I will get pics of them standing on their own. For the Mille Fleur I discovered him/her hiding among a bunch of baby turkeys at my local feed store and I quickly bought the chick. For the others they too were hiding among a bunch of Leghorn chicks and they are bantams due to the size of the standard leghorn chicks.

9. SilkieBantams

Sep 23, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Here are better pics of my little ones.

Sultan?
    [​IMG]

Mille Fleur
    [​IMG]

Unknown Breed
    [​IMG]

Breed?
    [​IMG]

Sultan Perhaps?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    Yep, I'm sticking with my original guesses. D'Uccles on the feather legged except the one looks to be a Sultan and the clean legged I would still go with OEG.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by